The H.P. Chapter of the OCA met under the chairmanship of Mr. Narinder Chauhan on 31-10-09 and determined as follows :
- A core committee is constituted to oversee the welfare of Mr. Roshan Lal Vashisht. The proceeds accrued on account by contributions for Mr. RLV’s welfare in the personal a/c of Karan Sarin are Rs. 75,000. Out of this Rs. 6,000 has already been spent on his welfare. The following are the members of the committee :
- Mr. Arun Sawhney
- Mr. D.M. Sud
- Mr. Pritinder Singh
- Mr. Anil Walia
- Dr. Arun Sirkeck
- Dr. Ram Kumar Sood (Rotary, Palampur)
- Mr. Sandeep Kakkar, CA
- Mr. Karan Sarin
- Mr. RLV has been temporarily shifted into a guest house and it is decided to shift him back to his house with immediate effect.
- It was decided that a corpus will be formed with the proceeds accruing from the contributions by OCs. A certain amount, undetermined as of now, will be spent to make Mr. RLV’s house habitable. The interest accruing from the corpus in the form of a fixed deposit would be remitted to Mr. RLV and his Old Cotonnian child (a child with special needs) on a monthly basis through the committee constituted and involvement of OCs at Palampur under the guidance of Dr. Ram Kumar Sood at Palampur. The OC community will be kept informed of the contributions through information provided to OCA Webmaster for posting on the OCA website.
- It was also thought prudent that individual efforts should ideally be coalesced into efforts of the HP Chapter of the OCA. All further proceeds are to be remitted to the OCA Himachal a/c as per the following details:-
Account name : Old Cottonian Association ( OCA Himachal)
Account number: 050010100080130
Bank: Axis Bank
Branch : Shimla
GF/FF Durga Cottage
SDA Commercial Complex
Cheques at par/demand drafts can be mailed to:-
Dinesh M Sud
47, THE MALL
Mob.No. 94180 57500
Hotel Himland West, Circular Road
Mob.No. 98160 17100
- OCA Himachal appeals to all OCs to contribute generously to the cause as Mr. Roshal Lal’s house requires renovation, he is very old , his son (an OC) is a special child and requires similar support and they need an attendant for the housework , hygienic needs and medical expenses of both Mr.RLV and his son. They have no source of income.
This is for your information and necessary action. We request you to disseminate the information to the OC community so that the we can ensure a life of dignity for our beloved Hindi teacher, Mr. Roshal Lal Vashisht.
D. M. Sud
On behalf of –