Bishop Cotton School, Shimla – Sesquicentennial Celebrations
I am to thank each one of you, those who came to the celebrations, and those who could not, for contributing to the spirit of the celebrations.
Each function was a tremendous success and well attended. Frankly, none of the organizers could have forecast such a good attendance. The functions could not have succeeded without team work, and I am grateful, personally, and on behalf of OCA to everybody who put in so much time and effort to make the functions memorable. I wish to specially thank the following
- Board of Directors & Deep Anand who gave the vision for the functions.
- The headmaster along with his staff members, who meticulously charted every minute of the celebrations. The ambiance and the food provided at the dinner on 2nd October was something to dream off. John Whitmarsh Knight, Ms. Prabhudas, Mr. Mathews who put up with my numerous queries and requirements on a daily basis.
- Sukhinder Singh & Ajay Thiara who organised the evening at Chandigarh which went on till the wee hours of the morning. The train journey from Kalka to Shimla along with the lunch at Barog which was full of nostalgia. The Punjabi lunch on 3rd October, and, of course, arranging for Adnan Sami to perform for us.
- Students of BCS who performed at the musical play which could very easily have received a standing ovation at any theatre on Broadway. The school teams of cricket and football who made us heady with wins against Aitchison College, Lahore. Mrs. Joy Michael for producing the musical play.
- Narinder Chauhan, Harish Janartha, DM Sud, Pritinder Singh who provided all the local logistics support and the wonderful setting at the dinner at hotel Peter Holf.
- Anupam Thapa for his tireless work to put together the coffee table book which was sold out in the first day itself.
- Chandan Ratra who managed and coordinated with all the various players and put together the logistics for the BCS play and the musical evening.
- Rajpal Duggal and Ashwini Virk who coordinated the memorabilia as well as the hotel accommodation at Shimla.
- K.C.Anand who managed the coup de tat by bringing the headmaster of Aitchson College along with his football and cricket team to play against BCS.
- Anil Advani who constantly updated messages on the web so that all participants were aware of the events which would unfold. Wendy Dewan and SS Rai who gave me their inputs in respect of functioning of the OCA
- Anil Mehra for giving me his unstinted support on every occasion, whether I was right or I was wrong.
- Parmeet Sawhney who managed the PR and the press and ensured coverage of the various events in spite of grave setbacks.
In addition to the above, many many OC’s, staff members, Cottonians contributed, the list of which would go on and on .
Thank you all.