Dear Old Cottonians
I am writing to you all today with pleasure and pride as our long-pursued aim has now turned into achievement. OCA Nepal is finally official!
On 27 May 2016, Mr. Sukhinder Singh, President, OCA, accompanied by his wife and Col. R. Dewan, visited us here in Kathmandu and witnessed the official inception OCA Nepal.
Lead by Mr. Prabal SJB Rana, batch of 1954, the first President of OCA Nepal, 24 other Nepalese OCs and their wives attended this event. Although small in number, with 47 registered Nepalese OCs, we all Nepalese OCs are very happy to have established OCA Nepal and we look forward to taking our association to greater heights.
I have attached a few pictures of the event along with this email.
We would also like to encourage Nepalese OCs around the world to join us. They may inquire by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
[click for larger view of the photos]
Here are the names of the ones present in the group photograph from Left to Right and from Bottom to Top:
Bottom Row (Seated):
1. Silika Shakya-Rajbhandari / 2. Saloni Rajbhandari-Pradhan / 3. Mrs. Sukhinder Singh / 4. Puja Chitlangia-Kabra / 5. Shivani Jajodia / 6. Yumena Shrestha-Pradhan / 7. Palija Shrestha-Rajbhandari.
1. Rohit Man Pradhan / 2. Ayush Rajbhandari / 3. Amish Man Pradhan / 4. Bishal Rana / 5. Nanda SBJ Rana / 6. Prem Gurung / 7. Sukhinder Singh / 8. Pundrik Kabra / 9. Prabal SJB Rana / 10. Deewaker Piya / 11. R. Diwan / 12. Robin Rana / 13. Sabin Rana / 14. Siddhartha Jajodia / 15. Ashish Rajbhandari / 16. Anmol P. Singh / 17. Sailesh Shrestha / 18. Subodh Das Shrestha.
1. Nuraj Batajoo / 2. Pulkit Kabra / 3. Shreyans Shethia / 4. Sobit Aggarwal.
OCs in Nepal, register here
Old Cottonians from the batch 2008 & 2009 got together to start “Tricky Taka“, which is a state-of-the-art, artificially grassed football infrastructure designed to promote recreational football for fitness and health.
As part of our initiative, we conducted an informal football gathering on 10th Oct 2015.
After an overwhelming response to the first edition we would, with the help of the Old Cottonians Association, we’d like to invite all Cottonians interested to attend the event.
The purpose of the event is not only to revive the spirit of sports that each Old Cottonian felt back in the School days, but also to promote fitness on a routine basis.
A 6 a side CAGE FOOTBALL TOURNAMENT for football enthusiasts who love the game and enjoy some serious competition. The tournament is open for all age groups and is the first of many to come. Cottonians from various batches will be participating in the tournament with the best coming to the fore and proving their might in the Arena.
— Not more than 6 people can register in a team.
— It is a 6 vs 6 Tournament
— Team must give the name of the players by 9th of January, Sunday.
— Registration Charges: 500 Rs/ Per Player inclusive of 3 chilled beers.
— Rewards: The winning team will be awarded with a Running Cup along with a FREE ENTRY TO THE NEXT EVENT.
* High Quality Playing Field
* Music on the Field
* Qualified Referees
* Parking Facilities
* Convenient Location
* Accessible by Metro
FOR REGISTRATIONS CALL US AT: 9769350052/ 9915009986/ 9968037655.
Would kindly request you to get back to us, so that we may send you the necessary details for the same. Or visit our Facebook Page
Thanks and regards
Curzon / 2009
Please find attached a small creative that we had used to circulate the details of the event within our personal network :
ANNUAL OCA INDIA LUNCH
At 1, Sri Aurobindo Marg, Hauz Khas, New Delhi -110 016
On Sunday the 8th of February 2015 at 12.00 noon.
- Old Cottonians Rs.1800.
- Old Cottonians who are College Students Rs. 900.
- OC s’ Wives / Partners are guests – There is NO charge.
- Donations are sought from OCs above 70 years.
- All OCs are requested to donate liberally over and above the lunch charges.
Blazer with Tie / Lounge Suit / Combination Suit.
Please confirm your attendance by mail to OCA India
UPDATE 29th JAN 2015:
A doubt has been expressed on the contributions being sought from OCs above 70 yrs old. All OCs above 70 are our honoured guests. They are not required to pay the sum of Rs 1800/-. However, if they wish to donate any sum it would be welcome. This is in continuation of the earlier years practice.
B M Singh
NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING (AGM) OF OCA (INDIA) – 2014
- DATE: 29th September 2014
- TIME: 3 P.M.
Maple Room, India Habitat Centre
The Agenda and the Program is detailed below:
- Address by President Emeritus
- President’s address
- To approve the minutes of last AGM
- To approve and adopt the accounts of 2012-2013
- Secretary’s report
- Regarding implementation of the revised MOA
- Election of Members of the Exec Committee including Vice-president, Joint Secretary
- Any other points with permission of the Chair.
(Program will be followed by High Tea)