Felicitation given by my school Bishop Cotton School, Shimla during the concert day at the Irwin Hall by the Headmaster Mr Roy Robinson. Special award of appreciation by enrolling my name in the prestigious Spartan Club (Highest award given in the school).
Extremely emotional moment to cherish.
With His grace and countless prayers of all you lovely people, the holy Mt Everest allowed Capt Sandeep Mansukhani to reach its summit. He is blessed by Guru to be surrounded by such amazing and caring people.
He is a first Sindhi, first commercial pilot and first Old Cottonian to reach the top of the world making us all proud.
Nothing more for now…
Just keep praying as the descent of Everest becomes very very critical with body losing all focus after doing non stop climb of 24 hrs in thinnest of air and barely eating anything. Will update u later in the day when he reaches lower camps.
CAPT SANDEEP MANSUKHANI HAS LEFT FOR THE FINAL PUSH
20/5 @ 0830 hrs
Finally the hour has come. All geared up….layers of inners under the downsuits….head torches flickering in the cold scary darkness as Capt Sandeep Mansukhani started climbing the steep and dark wall towards summit. No talks at all….just the sound of his own breaths.
Unimaginably freezing cold increases the chances of frostbite and cerebral edema. I can imagine him kicking his crampons and taking one step ahead toward his dream summit.
And what makes me so positive today is the messages I am receiving from so many loving people out there who are visiting temples, gurdwaras, doing prayers in their own ways for the safe accomplishment of Capt Mansukhani’s mission Mt Everest. I am so so thankful and grateful to you all.
Next update I might receive after 12am when they will rest a while to change their oxygen bottles if required. Will keep you posted….regards….Harsimran Mansukhani
Yes it is confirmed…..it is going to be 21st May 2018 when Capt Sandeep Mansukhani will be making his final summit push. It took years of training, hard work and endless sacrifices for him to get there but what matters will be next seven days. Those seven days when he will leave the safe lap of Base camp and head towards a journey amidst death zone predicting any kind of incidental consequences. I have never been scared of anything but yes today I am……..just praying.
Undoubtably weather plays a crucial role on Everest ( the summit of Everest is pummeled year round with jet stream which lifts up only for few days before the onset of monsoon) And weather has been quite unpredictable past few days so the agency was taking various updates from its trusted sources to take final decision.
Today they had oxygen briefing and the masks and regulators are issued. The accompanying Sherpa is announced and good to hear that his Sherpa is Tashi( six time Everest summitter), very experienced climber.
There will be no connectivity for next seven days. Only the updates from agency itself.
His itinerary will be
17/5 @ 0200 hrs BC to camp 2
18/5 rest at camp 2
19/5 @ 0700 hrs camp 2 to camp 3
20/5 @ 0700 hrs camp 3 to camp 4(death zone)
20/5 @ 2100 hrs camp 4 to summit push
21/5 expected summit time around 7:30 to 9 am
21/5 back to camp 4 or camp 3 depending upon physical energy left
22/5 camp 2
23/5 camp 2 to BC
Seeking your prayers for his success and safety. With His grace and your blessings we hope to hear from Capt Sandeep Mansukhani – as Everester soon. Will keep you posted of all the progress…..deepest regards….Harsimran