A PROUD MOMENT!
The Batch of 1991 celebrated 25 years of graduating from Bishop Cotton School, and installed the tallest flag pole in all of Himachal Pradesh – 110 feet – with the Head Master Roy Robinson hoisting a massive 30’x15′ Tricolour. A band consisting of Jawans of the Assam Rifles played the Indian National Anthem and presented colors.
(Click for a larger view)
4th January 2014 at the open invitation for all Old Cottonians UK to celebrate the 90th birthday party of Lance Jones (L 35-39), wife of late Bobby Reed (R 41-46) Sheila, Maggie & I attended with a large gathering of his relatives and friends in the local pub at Pirton, HERTS. Daughter Lorna and son Jeff proudly hosted the grand occasion. On behalf of OCA (UK) I presented Lance with a BCS crest delivered to me years ago by Hashim Khan (I 43-47) from Islamabad, Pakistan. Our tribute to our oldest UK member and may he enjoy many more happy returns – Bless him!
Peter A Stringer (L 43-47)”
Further to my earlier communication, wherein you had been requested to contribute with some suggestions to make the forthcoming Silver Jubilee Celebration of OCA ( India ) Northern Chapter a grand success and memorable one.
I now take the opportunity to share with you some of the suggestions which have come in.
- A golf Tournament to be played between the OC’s and Old Sanawarians or OC’s, the Old Sanawarians, the DOSCO’s and Mayoties followed by a prize distribution and dinner at Chandigarh.
- To get the renovation done of Shankar badminton Hall at school. ( Request has come from the school)
- To get 3-4 rooms constructed at school to be used by OC’s whose children are studying in school and other OC’s.
- To have a meal at school. The Head master has very graciously offered to host.
- To charter a plane to have a celebration at an overseas destination probably Dubai / a South East Asia destination or the UK .
- A musical performance at school.
All those OC’s desirous of contributing with more suggestions and wanting to volunteer towards making the celebration a grand success are requested to join and become a part of the Celebration Committee which is scheduled to conduct its first meeting on Monday, 25th March 2013 at the residence of OC Sukhinder Singh, House No. 3, Sector-5, Chandigarh at 5:00 p.m.
An email confirming your attending the meeting would be appreciated.
OCA Northern Chapter
2013 is OCA (India) Northern Chapter’s Silver Jubilee Year.
Forward your ideas to the Celebration Committee of the Northern Chapter to help make it a most memorable celebration. Forward your inputs by 15th of March, 2013 to Ajay Thiara / Member Executive / OCA (India) Northern Chapter / firstname.lastname@example.org