Mirrored Reflections and Reflections of the Soul
From the very instant I arrived in this world way way back, yesterday felt like yesterday.
Many I met along the road were mere travelers and others with whom I cemented relationships; at least I tried to, but heavy landings on the runway did bring cracks which again need repair, patience and hard work to bind together.
Reflections do sharpen the Brain as now you would capture the essence on your iPhone but during those misty years, the camera roll stayed within your head and now the urge to speak out..
- From chipping rust on rotten decks off at Tripoli Libya and the scorching sun 52 C.
- Hiding behind curtains –something like a stick in the school dining hall with Mum in panic.
- Eating Shark Meat with that lady Security Guard on a full moon at Hamilton Bermuda
- Obliged to a Vietnam veteran who saved my ass at Brooklyn
- Stunned at the flash of green at a Caribbean sunset.
- Dancing the Salsa at El Rodadero Colombia
- Watching Van Halen Rocking the House at Madison City Gardens
- Taking the Greyhound from Baltimore to Washington with a sneak at the White House
- Feeling the house shake and tremble at San Jose Costa Rica
- And later sitting under a Guanacaste Tree at Guanacaste
- Sampling vino at Los Andes Chile
- Buying my first pair of Levi’s in Las Palmas
- Hearing the sound of Led Zeppelin Houses of the Holy that made me a Rocker.
- Negotiating the Panama Canal and anchoring at Gatun Lake in transit.
- Meeting the High End executives at World Trade Centre NYC with my wife
- Slipping through and attempted mugging at Rotterdam
- And another at Defence Colony Delhi
- Visiting our small plot of land at Bishnupur with my Dad-abound with coconuts
- Smelling the smoke fires at Bursa Turkey
- Dancing with Russian Devooshkasa on a summer’s evening at Kherson USSR
- Hearing Michael Jackson’s ‘Don’t stop till you get enuf’ at the 40 Thieves Club
- Taking the Children to grill sausages in off the Vanern Lake Karlstad
- Buying my First Opel Ascona and visting Bunty Bhullar at Cardiff.
- Breaking my first golf club at the Golf Course in Jamshedpur
- And watching 2 elks staring at us as I played gold at 0100 with my Father in law on Midsummer Sweden
- Going Fishing off the Coast of Sudan
- My first cufflinks at Aden
- Eating Shrimp at Maputo with a rich Indian Dude whose sister had to escape from the clutches of Adi Amin
- Having Dinner with the Joud Brothers at their palace in Lattakia Syria
- Reaching Nagarkot with 2 Swedish damsels and my Mum!
- Seeing the biggest biggest sunflower fields on the train from Buenos Aires to Rosario, Argentina
- Safely making the Valhalla exchange between Guatemala and El Salvador
- Taking refuge south of Nisos Psara as my ship was getting hammered by tumultuous waves and swell.
- My Mum teaching me to drive in my Dad’s immaculate Fiat 1100
- Watching my Dad ship handling mine as we worked our way from Sandheads
- Walking from Southlands to Weybridge Station, Surrey
- Sailing over London on the London Eye
- Eating the best bread, cheese and ham at Burrough’s market, London
- Walking with Sam Aas through Hempstead Heath.
- Watching my daughter releasing white pigeons at Neemrana
- They found their way back to Bishop Cotton School.
- The Albatross guiding me like a sentinel through the Straits of Magellan
- Getting even more inclined towards Hard Rock
- Having a Picnic with my Brother and our Grand Mum at Council Rock
- Taking my Mum to Wagah Border
- Buying 3-dimensional stamps at in Bhutan
- Having the best grub at a family stall in Singapore
- Buying my first Italian jacket in Genoa, Italia
- Walking marble sidewalks in Marina de Carrara, Italia
- A tricky situation in the Straits of Messina, Sicily
- Watching my daughter performing in a Midsummer’s Night Dream, Karlstad Sweden
- Sweden teaching me respect, tolerance, organization and genuine nobel peace
- Watching the monsoon clouds rushing into the valley at Mashobra
- Looking at West Berlin from East Berlin and the Berlin Wall
- Taking a stroll with the family in Barcelona, Esopana
- Enjoying Lamb Chops with Gay Niblett at Valdemossa, Mallorca
- Getting a compliment from 3 ladies off the Imperial War Museum London
- Handing over the realms of the OCA (UK) to TOP DUDE Kuljinder Bahia
- Getting hammered on my left outer thigh by mad golf ball at Naldhera
- As that lost intoxicated Lover played his flute amongst the pines
- Walking through Tea Plantations at Sangsua, Assam
- And helping Senor Marino Urena with his coffee cosecha at Santa Maria de Dota, Costa Rica
- White water rafting at Reventazon Costa Rica
- A flying kiss to M.V Santa Marta from my M.V.Cartagena off Guantanamo Cuba
I THINK I WILL CONTINUE WITH MY REFLECTIONS …AS I ENJOY THE COMPANY OF MY TWO YEAR OLD GRAND DAUGHTER.
As Mr Bob Marley said:
‘’..don’t gain the world and lose your soul
Wisdom is better than silver or gold..’’
I thanked my Mother for giving birth to me as I turned 60 yesterday.